Mascot – colts
School Colors – Slate Blue, and Terracotta
About Coral Canyon Elementary
- The school serves approximately 600 students on a traditional nine-month calendar.
- The school day begins at 8:55 a.m. and ends at 3:30 p.m.
- Every Friday is early-out for students to provide teacher’s preparation time. Friday’s schedule is 8:55 -1:15 p.m.
- The teacher/pupil ratio is approximately 1 to 20 in Kindergarten and 1st grade. 2nd – 5th grades ratio average about 1 to 25.
- The Coral Canyon staff is an outstanding group of professionals. All teachers hold bachelor degrees and many have higher degrees and endorsements as well.
- All teachers and the principal are evaluated on a regular basis to help assure educational quality and professional development.
- The curriculum meets all district and state requirements.
- Teachers work in teams called Professional Learning Communities (PLCs) so they can analyze and interpret data to meet the needs of the students.
- A nutritious, hot breakfast and lunch program is provided.
- Teachers provide many varied activities to display student talents, interests and leadership/social skills.
- Coral Canyon has an active student council organization.
- School visitors are always welcome and asked to stop by the office to pick up a visitors sticker and sign-in.
- Coral Canyon students are expected to follow district dress guidelines and other district policies regarding safety and appropriate behavior.
- Students are expected to learn self-discipline and to assume responsibility for their own behavior.
- Resource programs, speech, and guidance services are available.
- Teachers use differentiated curriculum to address the needs of all learners.
- Coral Canyon students are learning to use computers, chromebooks, and iPads to increase basic skills in technology.